Just completed a one day Microsoft Partner course at Cliftons on Microsoft Azure.
This Technical Series provides training and demonstrations on how to leverage Azure to deliver cloud-based solutions and services to small and midsize businesses (SMBs).
This course covers partner opportunities, SMB trends, and a range of Azure capabilities and solutions, including backup, storage, websites, IaaS, PaaS, and more.
In this training, you will:
- Get hands-on experience—with a focus on building real-world solutions.
- Develop the skills you need—to deliver solutions specifically for SMBs with the latest technologies from Microsoft.
- Open up new opportunities in the cloud—including hybrid cloud, IaaS, and PaaS scenarios.
Microsoft has just released the upgrade course to Server 2012.
The usual suspects are there with Windows PowerShell 3.0 in there, DirectAccess and Hyper-V. If you know your Server 2008 this one should be too much of a stretch. So it is about time you download a copy of 2012 and start configuring.
Just been called up to join the Microsft V-TSP program. I am working on Private Cloud/Optimised Desktop Client Management & Virtualisation (System Center/MDOP) (Core IO) workloads.
A Microsoft TechDays Windows Server 2012 event will show you how to…
- Build your private cloud, offer private cloud services, or securely connect to public cloud services
- Increase your efficiency, availability, and manageability
- Leverage an open application and web platform for the datacentre and the cloud
- Provide secure access to your personalised work environment from anywhere
The primary audience for this event is IT Professionals and partners who want to see some of the key infrastructure improvements we’ve made in the upcoming release of the Windows Server 2012.
Showcasing presentations and demos on the following Windows Server 2012 topics…
- More secure multi-tenancy
- Flexible infrastructure, when and where you need it
- Scale, performance, and density
- High availability
Storage and Availability
- Reduces planned maintenance downtime
- Addresses the causes of unplanned downtime
- Increases availability for services and applications
- Increases operational efficiency and lower costs
- Manage private clouds more efficiently
- Link private clouds with public cloud services
- Connect users more easily to IT resources
Server Management & Automation
- Simplifies configuration processes
- Improved management of multi-server environments
- Role-centric dashboard and integrated console
- Simplifies administration process of multi-server environments with Windows PowerShell 3.0
TechEd is coming up soon!
There is so much to cover this year so better get your tickets fast.
I am looking forward to more news about Windows Server 2012 and those handy tips and tricks from all the gurus.
Brad the VP of Microsoft is making the key note. All about datacenter/clouds and consumerization of IT.
System Center 2012 and MDT 2012 has been released today. SCCM licence is now down to two skus. Nice!