- Create a AdobeReaderAssociations.xml file that’s in the Adobe Enterprise Administration Guide or create your own using DISM
- Copy that file on a shared location. Using group policy preferences copy the XML file to the local device
- Apply the XML file by opening up the group policy and navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\File Explorer\Set a default associations configuration file
- Select Enabled and specify the path for the XML file and click Apply
- The corresponding registry entry is HKLM\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System\DefaultAssociationsConfiguration
Microsoft MVP Ami Casto will give you demonstrations of community tools and Adaptiva technologies to help ensure your success with:
- Windows 10 OSD planning, deployment, and maintenance
- Large-scale, zero-touch deployments and ongoing servicing
- Security configuration management to harden attack surfaces
- Real-time incident response to urgent security issues
- Windows 10 OSD Best Practices with ConfigMgr Webinar
SetupDiag is a standalone diagnostic tool that can be used to obtain details about why a Windows 10 upgrade was unsuccessful.
SetupDiag works by examining Windows Setup log files. It attempts to parse these log files to determine the root cause of a failure to update or upgrade the computer to Windows 10. SetupDiag can be run on the computer that failed to update, or you can export logs from the computer to another location and run SetupDiag in offline mode.
To quickly use SetupDiag on your current computer:
- Verify that your system meets the requirements described below. If needed, install the .NET framework 4.6.
- Download SetupDiag.
- If your web browser asks what to do with the file, choose Save. By default, the file will be saved to your Downloads folder. You can also save it to a different location if desired by using Save As.
- When SetupDiag has finished downloading, open the folder where you downloaded the file. As mentioned above, by default this is your Downloads folder which is displayed in File Explorer under Quick access in the left navigation pane.
- Double-click the SetupDiag file to run it. Click Yes if you are asked to approve running the program.
- Double-clicking the file to run it will automatically close the command window when SetupDiag has completed its analysis. If you wish to keep this window open instead, and review the messages that you see, run the program by typing SetupDiag at the command prompt instead of double-clicking it. You will need to change directories to the location of SetupDiag to run it this way.
- A command window will open while SetupDiag diagnoses your computer. Wait for this to finish.
- When SetupDiag finishes, two files will be created in the same folder where you double-clicked SetupDiag. One is a configuration file, the other is a log file.
- Use Notepad to open the log file: SetupDiagResults.log.
- Review the information that is displayed. If a rule was matched this can tell you why the computer failed to upgrade, and potentially how to fix the problem.
Thursday, 16 August 2018, 9:00 AM-4:00 PM
Level 4, 45 Queen Street, Auckland
From home to business, from desktop to web and the devices in between, Microsoft 365 empowers your employees with intelligent & secure tools to get work done.
Showcasing the product suite of Microsoft 365, join us to understand what products are available to you now with your current subscription, as well as understanding new products which can be implemented immediately and work seamlessly with existing tools and infrastructure.
We’re inviting you to experience M365’s potential in person with a full-day Microsoft 365 Discovery session.
Upgrading devices from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 1709. Folder Redirection and Offline Files was not applying to Windows 10 devices. After searching we found a registry setting that reapplied the Folder Redirection link:
- Go into regedit.
- Locate the registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
- Create a new DWORD Value.
- Type EnableLinkedConnections, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit the registry and then restart the device.
By default folders that are redirected should be offline by default. We found this wasn’t the case in the environment.
So next we needed to specify administratively assigned Offline Files. This can be found at: Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Network/Offline Files
Add in your UNC path for the home drive/redirected folders and we were back in business.
In this session we will talk about how to engage your customers to deploy modern Windows and Office and keep them always up-to-date. Learn about the Microsoft 365 powered device Assessment kit based on Windows Analytics and how it can assist you to engage customers as they consider the move to, and support of, Windows 10 and Office ProPlus. We will also discuss some of the potential services opportunities related to Microsoft 365 powered device, that you can package and offer to your customers.
Products featured: Windows 10, Office 365 ProPlus
System Center Configuration Manager Overview and Roadmap
Learn about the latest developments in System Center Configuration Manager (ConfigMgr), watch demos, and understand what is coming next.
Windows has evolved. Simplify Windows 10 management and lower the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) with the Microsoft Cloud. See how Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS) and Windows 10 can be used together to ease procurement, simplify provisioning and lower TCO through modern management & security, and deliver cloud-based updates without the need for an on-premises infrastructure.
Windows as a Service Partner Workshop – 20 Feb 2018, 9am – 12pm
Level 4, 45 Queen Street, Auckland CBD
Auckland 1010, New Zealand
Windows 10 has been around for over 2 years, you’ve successfully completed a number of Windows 10 projects, but have your customers successfully adopted Windows as a Service?
Windows as a Service with the increased cadence of change and new support lifecycle makes it significantly different to adopt and support. How has your project approach transformed to address these changes?
Come and find out how our approach to Windows 10 projects need to change to help our customers adopt Windows as a Service long after our project is completed.
Audience: Solution Architects & Designated Windows as a Service champions in the organisation
Overview: What is Windows as a Service, why is it important and what are the inherent benefits of the new servicing model.
Technical update: Refresher on the technical side of Windows as a Service and cover the recent changes to the servicing model.
Adoption of a service: What needs to change within our customers organisation to support a “service” and what do we have to do to help them successfully adopt Windows as a Service.
Transforming our project approach: Look at how our project approach needs to be transformed to address the changes introduced by Windows as a Service.
Great article on WaaS. It is a changed mindset on how Windows 10 is feed and water by all users. Yes, Windows 10 needs to be upgraded more frequently, but the total management time is reduced compared to the traditional operating systems.
Microsoft 365 Enterprise Tech Series – Enterprise Deployment & Management Technical Workshop L300
November 30-December 1, 2017 | Auckland, New Zealand
A 2-day Training on the Complete, Intelligent, Secure Solution that Empowers Employees
What is Microsoft 365 Enterprise Tech Series?
Microsoft 365 is a complete, intelligent solution, including Office 365, Windows 10, and Enterprise Mobility + Security, that empowers everyone to be creative and work together, securely. The Enterprise Tech Series will help empower your team, safeguard your business, and simplify IT management with a single solution, purpose-built for your business
What to Expect from Training:
Understand the Microsoft 365 Vision
Dive into Modern IT Deployment
Learn about Traditional IT Transformation
Feel equipped to fully manage Microsoft 365 environments