Microsoft Intune is setup and you are browsing through the Admin section. You notice the below message on a number of pages:
Microsoft Intune was not able to retrieve all the data
You save and review the log file. The second line reads:
Error occurred while retrieving JWT token, check that current user has an Intune license and try again.
You need to assign a Intune A Direct license through the Office365 Admin Center. Ensure you have appropriate Administrative permission in Office 365.
Windows 10 devices will automatically encrypt the local drive when joining to Azure Active Directory (AAD). The device must be InstantGo capable.
InstantGo (formerly known as Connected Standby) is a very low power state that some devices support. It’s very like your mobile phone, it’s almost switched off but still can receive text messages, e-mails and switch to a different power state when receiving phone calls.
How do you check this?
Open a command prompt, type powercfg /a
Devices that have InstantGo support will return “Network Connected”:
Where do I find the recovery key?
Users can retrieve their recovery key by going to http://myapps.microsoft.com, select Devices and select the device for which they would like to get the recovery key:
Went to the Microsoft Cloud & Infrastructure User Group this evening. First timer to this social hub. Free pizza and beer is a good start.
The group covered:
– Office 365 Groups
– Delve insight. Soon available on Android and IOS
– SharePoint Server 2016
– Support for non-office documents
– Patching with smaller foot print and zero down time
– No Foundation 2016 or SharePoint Designer 2016
– Durable content link. No more missing documents
– Cloud search service application. Cloud content appears on on-premise searches
– Creating a Microsite demo
– Windows 10 for Business
– Windows Updates for Business
– Windows 10 Desktop Editions; Home, Pro and Enterprise
– Installed OS is a smaller foot print than Windows 8.1
– Nano Server; No GUI, 64-bit only, CloudOS infrastructure, zero foot print, have import all roles and features and driver support, manage with PS, DSC and WMI. Improved servicing, fewer open ports, drivers and services running. 40 seconds to deploy. Disk foot print 400 MB (SD card).
– Windows Server 2016; Storage Spaces Direct four nodes required.
– Hyper-V 2016; Shielded VMs using TPM and BitLocker enabled guests. Linux secure boot. PowerShell Direct. Hot add memory and nice.
System Center 2016; support Windows 10. Allow direct manage of Windows 10 devices with MDM. Allow ConfigMgr on virtual machines and in-cloud.
Plug: New Zealand Ignite 1 – 4 September 2015 @ SkyCity
Just finishing up an IT Camp with Microsoft. Great overview of Microsoft Azure. Good labs using virtual machines, SQL and a web frontend. Looking forward to get stuck into Azure AD. It is nice to have time to complete this course and get have some good food from Clifton’s kitchen. Thanks to Regan Murphy for leading a good MS event.
IT Camp: Extend your Datacenter with Microsoft Azure
Just completed a one day Microsoft Partner course at Cliftons on Microsoft Azure.
This Technical Series provides training and demonstrations on how to leverage Azure to deliver cloud-based solutions and services to small and midsize businesses (SMBs).
This course covers partner opportunities, SMB trends, and a range of Azure capabilities and solutions, including backup, storage, websites, IaaS, PaaS, and more.
In this training, you will:
- Get hands-on experience—with a focus on building real-world solutions.
- Develop the skills you need—to deliver solutions specifically for SMBs with the latest technologies from Microsoft.
- Open up new opportunities in the cloud—including hybrid cloud, IaaS, and PaaS scenarios.