Upgrading devices from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 1709. Folder Redirection and Offline Files was not applying to Windows 10 devices. After searching we found a registry setting that reapplied the Folder Redirection link:
- Go into regedit.
- Locate the registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
- Create a new DWORD Value.
- Type EnableLinkedConnections, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit the registry and then restart the device.
By default folders that are redirected should be offline by default. We found this wasn’t the case in the environment.
So next we needed to specify administratively assigned Offline Files. This can be found at: Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/Network/Offline Files
Add in your UNC path for the home drive/redirected folders and we were back in business.