MAC Addresses are unique identifiers of network interfaces but when reusing the same USB to Ethernet adapter for multiple deployments, your MAC Address is not unique. SCCM think that’s the same device and your device don’t receive the Task Sequence.
Beginning with SCCM 1610, you can provide a list of hardware IDs that SCCM will ignore when using PXE boot and client registration. You can now exclude the MAC address and SMBIOS GUID in the console so that same adapters can easily be reused.
- In the SCCM console, go to Administration / Site Configuration / Sites
- On the top ribbon, click Hierarchy Settings
- SCCM Duplicate Hardware Identifiers
- In the Client Approval and Conflicting Records tab
- In the Duplicate hardware identifiers section, click Add and enter your MAC Address or SMBIOS GUID to exclude