Went to the Microsoft Cloud & Infrastructure User Group this evening. First timer to this social hub. Free pizza and beer is a good start.
The group covered:
– Office 365 Groups
– Delve insight. Soon available on Android and IOS
– SharePoint Server 2016
– Support for non-office documents
– Patching with smaller foot print and zero down time
– No Foundation 2016 or SharePoint Designer 2016
– Durable content link. No more missing documents
– Cloud search service application. Cloud content appears on on-premise searches
– Creating a Microsite demo
– Windows 10 for Business
– Windows Updates for Business
– Windows 10 Desktop Editions; Home, Pro and Enterprise
– Installed OS is a smaller foot print than Windows 8.1
– Nano Server; No GUI, 64-bit only, CloudOS infrastructure, zero foot print, have import all roles and features and driver support, manage with PS, DSC and WMI. Improved servicing, fewer open ports, drivers and services running. 40 seconds to deploy. Disk foot print 400 MB (SD card).
– Windows Server 2016; Storage Spaces Direct four nodes required.
– Hyper-V 2016; Shielded VMs using TPM and BitLocker enabled guests. Linux secure boot. PowerShell Direct. Hot add memory and nice.
System Center 2016; support Windows 10. Allow direct manage of Windows 10 devices with MDM. Allow ConfigMgr on virtual machines and in-cloud.
Plug: New Zealand Ignite 1 – 4 September 2015 @ SkyCity