WIndows 7 as a Distribution Point with Configuration Manager 2012
Did you know you can turn a windows 7 workstation into a distribution point?
Below you will see I have a small lab setup:
- Domain Controller (DC01)
- CM12 Server (CM01)
- Windows 7 x64 Enterprise Workstation (Win701)
Distribution Point Notes:
- Individually, each primary site supports up to 250 distribution points and each distribution point can support up to 4,000 clients.
- Individually, each secondary site supports up to 250 distribution points and each distribution point can support up to the same number of clients as supported by the hardware configuration of the secondary site server, up to no more than 4,000 clients.
- Each primary site supports a combined total of up to 5,000 distribution points. This total includes all the distribution points at the primary site and all distribution points that belong to the primary site’s child secondary sites.
- Each distribution point supports a combined total of up to 10,000 packages and…
View original post 641 more words