You can add any service at all, including third-party or custom built services.
To get it from another machine that doesn’t have ADUC/GPMC…
- Logon to the machine that has the service you want to manage.
- Run Start>Run>secpol.msc.
- Create a new template.
- Edit that template’s ‘System services’ node and you’ll see the services on that machine. Simply add the service you want to the policy by just adding the default setting (Automatic/Everyone-FC). Don’t set ay other policies, just the services you want. Note: Not knowing the OS and what GP editor you are running, leaving the defaults for this step is recommended as there as some known issues.
- Save the file.
- Copy that file to the machine where you run the GP Editor.
- Edit your desired policy and go to the ‘Security’ node, right-click, choose import to import the file with the service you just grabbed.
- Your service is now in the policy. Just edit the service with the proper permissions and startup state as desired.